title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AccurateRip Key Disc / offset detection

AccurateRip Key Disc / offset detection

Setting up DB and cannot find a disc that will successfully set off set. Tried 30+ CD's and get 'This key disc cannot be used for offset......' warning every time. When I first installed DB this worked fine, but now doesn't for some reason. I can rip CD's and they seem OK, but they are not resulting from AccuaretRip checks. What can I do?? Installed on HP laptop, 64-bit Windows 10. Thanks

Administrator

Re: AccurateRip Key Disc / offset detection

What name is detected for your CD drive?

hp DVD RAM
    H21 379440

Administrator

This drive is not in AccurateRip, you will have to have 3 matching key discs for it to detect and work with it. Keep feeding discs until it configures.

Put about 50 discs through it by now. Can you suggest key discs that will work - is there a database? My collection isn't that obscure!

Administrator

The discs cannot be used if there is a different pressing present, so new releases are most likely to configure. There can be no list of discs because 3 months after a cd is released, they could create a new pressing of that CD and there are 2 instances of that CD in the database.

The other option is to go for an external CD drive, one which is already known to AccurateRip, that would configure with any known disc (over 2 million).

Switched from laptop to PC and different drive. No problem with that so sorted. Thanks

I'm using an external blu ray drive. ASUS BW-16D1H-U
    I'm having the same issue. If there's an easy fix please advise. I'd prefer not to have to buy another drive.

Thanks

Administrator

This drive is in the database, so you would only need 1 matching disc. It is in as 'ASUS - BW-16D1H-U' it appears as this name exactly in the program?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    This drive is in the database, so you would only need 1 matching disc. It is in as 'ASUS - BW-16D1H-U' it appears as this name exactly in the program?
    Yes, that is correct. I've tried 5 common discs so far. I'll keep going. Is there a way to avoid last track re-rips? Some error numbers are into the thousands.

Thanks

Administrator

Disable C2 pointers if enabled.

I just got a new PC and a new external optical drive.
    The drive is Asus SDRW-08D2S-U.
    With this, I can not have Accurate rip verified since the offset can not be detected.
    I had the same problem with Verbatim 98938.
    What can be done with this?

Administrator

Keep feeding it discs until it configures.

I have tried Love over gold, Born in the U.S.A, Hunky Dory, The final cut, Whish you were here. Same problem with all. With the last one, it did not ask about configuration at all - after many attempts.

Another thing - I now get a notepad file in the album directory. How can I turn that fetature off?
    I'm also looking for a way to turn off the artist name as the first part of the name of the song - 01 Pink Floyd - Shine on you crazy diamond

Administrator

You must have enabled secure ripping log on the secure ripping options page.

To remove the artist, click 'Set' next to naming and remove the last '[artist] - ' from the string.

You might have to try 20 to 40 CDs at least if your drive is not in the database. If it is not asking to configure accuraterip, perhaps it is already configured.