title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Sync Incomplete message - details?

Last Sync Incomplete message - details?

I run two syncs - one to create Cd resolution files for my Sonos system, and one to create compressed ogg vorbis tracks for my car - keep getting a message 'Last Sync Incomplete'. Is there a way of ascertaining the details of how it was incomplete, so I can correct it?

Administrator

Re: Last Sync Incomplete message - details?

If you edit the sync, then click the options menu, and select the option to view the detailed log.

Interesting, I had the same error and looked in the log and had this "Sync started on 04 August 2021, 16:26:09 to Removable Disk: Removable Disk (F
    Sync incomplete."

The drive is completely empty, and I can manually copy files over.

Administrator

Your removable drive, it is still drive f?

Yes, it is still the F-drive.

Interestingly, since the other sync has finished, the sync for the NAS drive failed, too. I can see the error there and it's reporting a number of errors, including "Error: Unable to decode file: \\DiskStation\Music Master\FLAC\Orbital\Orbital\Orbital - I Think It's Disgusting.flac"

Administrator

Edit the sync (removable K one), and click the menu >> browse for detailed logs and open the most recent 'Detailedxxxx' log and paste the contents here please.

Ok, i think I found it. The file is huge, so i'll post the very last entry. The first entry recorded information when the drive became full, so i deleted all the existing files and ran the sync again.

This is what it says. Looking at it, for some reason it cannot see the F-drive. I know it's there because Windows File Explorer sees it.

Sync started on 04 August 2021, 16:38:41 to Removable Disk: Removable Disk (F
    Locating Removable Device At: C:\
    Locating Removable Device At: D:\
    Locating Removable Device At: E:\
    Locating Removable Device At: F:\
    Locating Removable Device At: N:\
    Locating Removable Device At: P:\
    Locating Removable Device At: Z:\
    Sync incomplete.

Administrator

Drive K does not exist as far as the Windows API exists, try rebooting your PC. Perhaps something has the drive locked open. Perhaps it is not a real physical drive.

Thanks.
    I usually shut my PC down at the end of each day.

Here's what i did just now.
    I inserted the drive, which picked up on "F" again, and manually ran the job. In the information position where it says "Last Synch Incomplete" it changed to "Indexing xxx tracks" it then changed to "Waiting for Device" for a second or two. It then reverted to "Last Sync Incomplete"

I tried it a couple of times, but no joy.

To check the drive, I fired up the old software and it started copying straight away. It's running at the moment.

It appears, TuneFusion can't see the drive. Very odd.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Forgive the delay in responding.

I didn't try that option as i simply did not have time, and the old synchronization program has been running fine, so i continued using that.

However, i'm returning to this topic because I thought it worth mentioning that I have TuneFusion working, but not from the NAS drive. It just won't work from the NAS. It works fine from the D-drive in the PC, and then to the USB F-drive.

Administrator

If you are syncing to the F drive, that was present in the previous list, it was drive K which was no longer there. Perhaps setup the new sync to drive F

Note, sorry, I said in my previous post it was the D-drive, it's not, it's the internal E-drive.

I often swap in and out various drives on the USB ports, and I may have several different drives there, hence the different drive-letters. Currently, it's the F-drive to copy to.
    NAS to F-drive failed synchronization.
    I experimented copying NAS to internal (E-drive) and set TuneFusion off to the F-drive and it worked perfectly.

Oh well, I thought it was working, but I go to run it today and it fails, even with the local drive. :(

Administrator

Open the debug log again please.