title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to keep original bitrates

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbombastic
    • Nov 2019

How to keep original bitrates

Just found this forum, this is my first post, although I've been using poweramp converter for years. I have folders with different bitrates 128kbps to 320kbps mp3s, Im using batch converter, is it possible to keep the original bitrates for all mp3s with lower than 256kbps, and also convert bitrates 256kbps or higher to 192 ?. Thanks in advance.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How to keep original bitrates

We do not have this option, because it is not recommended to reencode 128kbps >> 128kbps

each time encoding quality can be lost, even more so if different mp3 encoders were used.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mrbombastic
      • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Spoon
      We do not have this option, because it is not recommended to reencode 128kbps >> 128kbps

each time encoding quality can be lost, even more so if different mp3 encoders were used.
      Thanks for the prompt response, so what would you recommend, Im trying to normalize all mp3 and convert all higher than 192 to 192.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Keep the originals and convert the whole lot to 192kbps, even 128kbps (or better to VBR with similar overall bit rate), whilst doing the volume normalize.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mrbombastic
          • Nov 2019

Thank you.

Comment

Working...

]]>