title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper Modifying previous rip Folder files?

CD Ripper Modifying previous rip Folder files?

Hi all!

I'm on a long-term conversion party here. As I'm chipping away, I've noticed that, periodically, a current rip's cover art will also be added to a previous rip, anywhere from 1-6 rips ago.

For example, when ripping multi-disc albums, I usually use "load from file" for artwork to make sure I'm using the exact same one across discs. When I use that function, the current album art will be living in a folder from a previous rip. It will also be correct in the current rip folder. In addition, I'll sometimes see a Folder.jpg file on my desktop from after ripping a CD.

It has not affected the artwork embedded in each file.

Thoughts? Do I have something set incorrectly?

Thanks!

John

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper Modifying previous rip Folder files?

Which dBpoweramp version do you have? what are you ripping to (audio format)?

Hey!

I have version 16.6, and I'm using the multi encoder, creating FLAC and AIFF files onto the same drive.

Thanks!

John

Administrator

Possibly something in multi-encoder not set correctly, what 'Output' paths are set on each encoder page (in multi-encoder)

Hey!
    Pretty straightforward, I think? It seems to happen only when it is multiple rips of the same band.

For FLAC:
    B:\Audio Archive\Corbin's Audio Archive\

For AIFF:
    B:\John\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\

Administrator

What naming is used?

Hi again,

I'm not exporting an album art folder.jpg to my AIFF library, so not an issue there.

For FLAC, it is:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[disc]-[track] [title]

Thanks!

John

Administrator

Folder.jpg is written for all encoders, regardless if using DSP Effect 'ID Tag Processing' to export, in fact you should not use this effect if you are.

Morning!

Interesting... could you say more? How should I set it up then? Currently, I have ID tag processing enabled in both AIFF and FLAC. The only active items are:

FLAC - Import album art to Folder.jpg, remove month/day for year

AIFF - Import album art to none, remove month/day for year.

Administrator

Install R17, which is in the testing section of this forum (better handling of multi-encoder and folder.jpg) and do no use any folder.jpg option within the ID Tag Processing DSP (the other options are fine). Folder.jpg will be written by default to the output location when ripping in CD Ripper.

OK, will do and report back! It might be a couple of days.

I was hoping to not import a folder.jpg to my AIFF library, as it makes iTunes make two folders... one for the audio, and a separate one for the cover art. Super annoying. Is there a way to change the default?

If not, I'm phasing out of using iTunes anyways, so if I can't stop folder.jpg in that library, reason number XXX to stop iTunes entirely.

Thanks!

John

Hello!

OK, here's my experience:

I've installed R17 and have burned a few more multi CD albums. If I completely turn off ID tag processing, I do not get a folder.jpg in either the AIFF or FLAC library folders. And, I can't access any other ID tag processing features that are useful. When I kept ID tag processing on but did not use and folder.jpg processing (left it an none), no folder.jpg appeared in either library. Works for me, but doesn't sound like it fits your intention.

When I go back to the way I had it listed above, it has, so far, not modified any previous rip's folder.jpg files. So that's good.
    Thoughts? Should I move this over to the official testing thread?

Thanks!

John

Administrator

In CD Ripper >> green options button >> CD Ripper Options >> Metadata and ID Tags

Ensure album album art has sensible settings, such as (first 3 options):

800 x 800
    500 KB
    Folder.jpg

Morning!

Success! Switching to R17 worked. I have done an additional 12 or so multi-disc albums with no problems, using both the default settings you suggested, and the ID tag processing settings I was using previously to force the ripper to not export a folder.jpg to my AIFF library.

Thanks!

John