title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: RIP CD ON MacBook Pro

RIP CD ON MacBook Pro

I have the unable to rip CDs in FLAC I have macOS Catalina . I tried reconfiguring as per guide and tried recommendations on this forum. please help
    Last edited by alfa100; 11-11-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Re: RIP CD ON MacBook Pro

Apologies for posting in poor English above. I'm unable to rip CDs on dbpoweramp recently. I tried deleting and downloading the app, updating my MacBook and applying suggestions from this forum. I have macOS Catalina on my MacBook. PLEASE HELP

dBpoweramp Guru

What exact error messages or behavior are you seeing?

Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 5' to '/Volumes/USB HD/Uriah Heep/Live January 1973/05 Uriah Heep - July Morning.flac'
    Error renaming '/var/folders/6s/8p44g4c50qbdk8bnvfymtjsr0000gn/T/dBpoweramp-Music-Converter-temp/_CDXTempFile-551-147.tmp' to '/Volumes/USB HD/Uriah Heep/Live January 1973/05 Uriah Heep - July Morning.flac' (code: 28).
    Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 18' to '/Volumes/USB HD/Uriah Heep/Live January 1973/18 Uriah Heep - Blue Suede Shoes.flac'
    Error renaming '/var/folders/6s/8p44g4c50qbdk8bnvfymtjsr0000gn/T/dBpoweramp-Music-Converter-temp/_CDXTempFile-551-152.tmp' to '/Volumes/USB HD/Uriah Heep/Live January 1973/18 Uriah Heep - Blue Suede Shoes.flac' (code: 28).

Administrator

Open finder and check:

/Volumes/USB HD

that this location exists.

yes it does exist. I even tried another USB flash drive as destination

Administrator

See:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...ty-Permissions

If this does not help, try setting the rip to location as a local HDD.

GENIUS Spoon. did as instructed all in order. ripped in FLAC. thank you. problem probably due to Catalina upgrade.
    I just changed privacy permission as per your link.

Information converting to FLAC, 'Track 1' to '/Volumes/NO NAME/Uriah Heep/Live January 1973/01 Uriah Heep - Sunrise.flac'
    Audio File Passed Verification
    Information converting to FLAC, 'Track 2' to '/Volumes/NO NAME/Uriah Heep/Live January 1973/02 Uriah Heep - Sweet Lorraine.flac'
    Audio File Passed Verification.
    Last edited by alfa100; 11-12-2019 at 07:40 PM.