title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tracks skipping with Auralic Lightening DS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinbob
    • Jan 2012

Re: Tracks skipping with Auralic Lightening DS

Originally posted by PeterP
    What you're seeing doesn't look like the normal intended behavior of Asset.

Please export your Asset UPnP configuration:

[Configure] in status window
    Select the Asset instance, [Configure]
    General settings tab
    Configuration snapshot (normal) [Save]

.. and email the file to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis.
    Thanks.
    Hi Peter - just to let you know that I have sent over the config information to your e-mail address. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Vinbob
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by PeterP
      Thanks for the debug information.

Let's go over it step by step again to confirm what you're doing-
      • Open your app used to control playback, such as BubbleUPnP.
      • Browse Asset's library - the top level view: "Arist", "Album", "Title" and so on.
      • Choose "Additional" from the top level view, then "Stream As".
      You should now see the relevant views (mp3/LPCM/Wave); each of them will present your whole library but with forced streaming as one of these formats.
      Are you able to find the mp3/LPCM/Wave views or are you seeing something completely different there?

There's no need to change anything in Asset settings.
      Hi Peter - Yes, I am able to see the MP3/LPCC/Wave views/options to select from. Am I supposed to use one of these modes/formats? I thought I would just be able to simply select from my artist list and navigate from there and playback as I can do with no issues using MinimServer. Again, I am trying to play an album and it plays the first 3-5 seconds of a song and then skips to the next through the entire album. Not sure why this is happening as I cannot reproduce this using MinimServer. I am going to be updating my wireless router which I hope helps in this situation but again, not sure why this would be happening with your tool and not another...

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Cheers,
      Vin.

Comment

• Vinbob
        • Jan 2012

Hi Peter,

Just to provide an update. I have now upgraded to a much better wireless router and signal is great between my Auralic Streamer DAC and router. Unfortunately, this did not solve the playback skipping issues with AssetUPnP. I thought this was maybe limited to higher res larger DSD files but I also got a skip into the first track of a 24/192 file. Playback is flawless with MinimServer. If I can get some support to resolve this which I would appreciate, then I'll look to purchase the product as I like the added features and interface but while it performs substandard for me, I am sticking with MinimServer.

Cheers,
        Vin.

Comment

Working...

]]>