title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Bits Of Music Lost Between Tracks Albeit Accurate Ripping

Bits Of Music Lost Between Tracks Albeit Accurate Ripping

Seems the dBpoweramp ripper applies some kind of rounding (?) when it comes to handling of timestamps.
    Thus, some content are lost between tracks.

I tried out a couple different rippers, iTunes (Apple Music app), XLD and dBpoweramp itself.
    Here's a picture of all the results I got, compared against an uncut WAV rip of the CD (by XLD):
    Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 22.51.39.jpg

The tracks are carefully aligned with the uncut version. You can clearly see some bits between two tracks are lost.
    Only XLD produced actually continous tracks.

It's just a very, very tiny amount, about 0.03 second in this case, but still, why?

Btw XLD and dBpoweramp rips are both checked against AccurateRip and passed.

Re: Bits Of Music Lost Between Tracks Albeit Accurate Ripping

Never mind. Turns out it's Apple Lossless's issue. Both flac (after converting into wav) and wav files are identical when viewing in my DAW.
    Even if I convert m4a back to WAV and compare, they are all identical.
    So it's either m4a's issue, or it's how my DAW is handling m4a file (unlikely).
    At this point, I can't tell without testing in an extra DAW. Doesn't matter anyways I guess.
    Last edited by PhoebusXS; 07-25-2023 at 11:20 AM.