title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replay apply on pre-existing MP3 files

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Replaygain apply on pre-existing MP3 files

Thanks!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

While on Foobar 2000, i wanted to ask a general question. I have encoded some tracks to flac 16 bit 44.1 khz for the ios player, and applied replay gain (album gain only). Once the songs are transferred, in the foobar 2000 replay settings, in the 'source mode' I obviously click 'album'. On the 'Processing' bit, what should i opt for, 'Gain' (apply calculated gain only) or gain + peak? what is the difference and which one is better suited for iphone/ ipad playback? Just for once, could you help clear this up?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Partha View Post
    While on Foobar 2000, i wanted to ask a general question. I have encoded some tracks to flac 16 bit 44.1 khz for the ios player, and applied replay gain (album gain only). Once the songs are transferred, in the foobar 2000 replay settings, in the 'source mode' I obviously click 'album'. On the 'Processing' bit, what should i opt for, 'Gain' (apply calculated gain only) or gain + peak? what is the difference and which one is better suited for iphone/ ipad playback? Just for once, could you help clear this up?
    I use gain + peak. But this likely rarely matters as I do not have many tracks that would be peak limited. But I use this just in case.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I use gain + peak. But this likely rarely matters as I do not have many tracks that would be peak limited. But I use this just in case.
    OK Thanks