title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Mouse over OGG files yields almost no data

Mouse over OGG files yields almost no data

The mouse-over feature is very useful - use it many times every day. It works for wav, flac, mp3, m4a, and other file types, but NOT for ogg.

When I mouse-over OGG files, Length, Channels and Sample Rate are correct, but Bit Rate shows us as 0 kbps, and none of the header metadata (Title, Artist, Album, Year, Genre) is shown. I can put the same files in Winamp's playlist and Alt-3 and see all the header and format metadata info.

I'm running dbPowerAmp v 16.6 and Ogg Vorbis CODEC release 26 (Vorbis v1.3.6).

Is there a known problem decoding format and header metadata on OGG files? Any suggestions?

Regards,
    mikebo

Administrator

Re: Mouse over OGG files yields almost no data

Ogg is a container of many audio types, mainly Ogg Vorbis, but it can contain Ogg FLAC, Ogg mp3, Ogg Speex.

Please upload one file to somewhere like dropbox and send the link by Personal Mail on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Ogg is a container of many audio types, mainly Ogg Vorbis, but it can contain Ogg FLAC, Ogg mp3, Ogg Speex.

Please upload one file to somewhere like dropbox and send the link by Personal Mail on this forum.
    OK, I've uploaded a file "01 - Ghost House.ogg" to dropbox per a private message. Payload appears to be Vorbis.

Let me know how else I can assist.

Thanks!
    Regards,
    MikeBo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mikebo; 11-07-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Administrator

You need to test the Ogg decoder on that machine, so convert from Ogg >> mp3 as a test, does the conversion complete?