title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Replacing AccurateRip Files Quirk

Replacing AccurateRip Files Quirk

Hello, I ran PerfectTUNES AccurateRip on my USB music drive and found a bunch of track errors. Most are are just 1 or 2 tracks of an album. I re-ripped just the track that had an error, deleted the bad track on the USB drive, and then copied the replacement track to the USB drive. When I run AccurateRip on the USB drive Album folder, it only reports 1 Track Accurate instead of all 28 for instance. Before I replaced the bad track, it showed 27 accurate and 1 track with an error. Is this normal behavior?

I'm on Mac OS 10.15.1, PerfectTUNES 2.3, dbpoweramp Music Converter 16.6(1).

Thanks,
    John

Administrator

Re: Replacing AccurateRip Files Quirk

Perhaps the Album title or artist name have changed and this track is no longer associated with the other 28 tracks.

Thanks! I believe you are correct. I was not paying close attention. The Album title and song name changed. It's a remaster with info in brackets [] and that was different. I corrected those things in the CD Ripper and while it looks like the originally ripped track, the issue remains.

Administrator

You would have to delete the file, run AccurateRip so it indexes with the file gone, then re-rip with the correct names.

Deleted the file, ran AR which reports Cannot Check: Incomplete Album, copied the corrected names file into the folder, ran AR which then reports 1 Track Accurate.
    Does metadata within the file affect it? Here is a screen shot with the replaced file highlighted:
    Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 7.28.44 AM.jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jtconte View Post
    Deleted the file, ran AR which reports Cannot Check: Incomplete Album, copied the corrected names file into the folder, ran AR which then reports 1 Track Accurate.
    Does metadata within the file affect it? Here is a screen shot with the replaced file highlighted:
    Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 7.28.44 AM.jpg
    Not sure, but make sure that the album level tags in all the tracks of the album are identical. Album name, discnumber, totaltracks, totaldiscs, comments, compilation (if ticked), etc. Easiest way to do this is to load all tracks of the album up in your favorite tag editor (dbpa or whatever), select all the files, then you can easily see if any tag fields differ across the album.
    Last edited by garym; 11-06-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Thanks, garym! That was it. I appreciate your and Spoon's help! I'm clearly clueless but hopefully can get back on-track correcting the rest of my rip errors.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jtconte View Post
    Thanks, garym! That was it. I appreciate your and Spoon's help! I'm clearly clueless but hopefully can get back on-track correcting the rest of my rip errors.
    Excellent. I've had some odd problems in the past with albums not being treated as the same (in my server software and in dbpa) and it was always a stray tag that was different for one or more tracks.