title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unexpected Tag behavior

Unexpected Tag behavior

Hi there, first off let me say I absolutely love this software.

I've been spending some time in the List and Recommendations feature, and need to figure something out.
    I've used the recommended options in the Lists & Recommendations screen to change quite a few files containing Feature tags (i.e. Ft., Feat, etc) to the recommended 'Artist; etc' tags.
    The problem I'm having is my DJ software (VirtualDJ8) is reading that as 'Artist/etc - Title'. Not the end of the world, except that all my subscription files I tag with Tag&Rename are showing ';' as an actual semi-colon instead of a forward slash, and it's working against the uniformity I've been working towards. Not to mention, eventually, I would like to batch rename my collection, and that would end up renaming them as 'Artistetc - Title' as a forward slash is removed from file naming. It would end up working against me in the long run.

It looks like the only way I can undo this after I've done it is to go into the meta-tag editing, and pull every album/artist up and re tag them there? It's been a lot of edits I've made this way so far...

Is there a way to edit recommendations so that all those 'Artist; etc' files will show there for me to edit? It keeps giving me the ';' recommendations, but I can't see any of those files there to change them to what I'd like to.
    Or at least a more batch-oriented method to see them? In the end, I'd like them all to be 'Artist Ft Etc - Title'...
    So the 2 points I need help with are to:
    (1) change recommendations to suggest 'Ft' instead of ';' if possible.
    (2) change recommendations to be able to see the previously changed ; tags so I can change them back (or another easy way to find and change them.

I'm sorry if I'm not explaining this very well, but thanks in advance for any help!

Kindest regards,
    ART

Administrator

Re: Unexpected Tag behavior

For which audio file type?

Sorry to be vague, Spoon. There are multiple file types, as I went through many phases in my ripping career. Most of my collection is Flac mp3 and wma.

Administrator

If you install the utility codec 'ID Tag Update' for dBpoweramp, you can use batch converter and convert all your collection to 'ID Tag Update' (as the encoder) with the option set to write multi artists as ';' separated.

Thank you very much! I'll play around with that

Without a doubt, that was precisely what I needed. Thanks a ton Spoon!
    For as long as I've owned these products (which I use daily), it's nice to start using them to more of their full potential.
    Much appreciated.