title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant add artwork to downloaded album

Cant add artwork to downloaded album

I'm experiencing a strange problem, in that I cannot add artwork when editing tags to a downloaded album in WAV format. This is both when using the 'choose from internet' or 'load from file' options. In both instances the artwork appears and as usual I click ok, however when I go back to the album the artwork has gone. So it does not appear to be being saved. I'm using version R16 on a mac. Can anyone help with this?

Cheers

Paul

Administrator

Re: Cant add artwork to downloaded album

If the wave file has LIST wave tags only then it cannot store album art, only WAVE ID3 chunk can. You can update the tags to include both if you enable the 'utility codecs' from the Control Center and convert this wave file to 'Update ID Tags', then try to tag.

Thanks Spoon. I have checked the utility codecs and I already have List and ID3 enabled within tag creation of the wave id tagging section. So could this be related to another issue?

Administrator

If the wave file only has one existing tag type, the dBpoweramp will not write 2 types, only matching what the file has. You need to convert the file to 'Update ID Tag'

Thanks again Spoon. Cab you give me a bit of guidance as to how I do this please? Currently I would highlight all tracks and select edit tags with dbpoweramp. I do not see an option to update id tag?

Thanks

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by paul44birch View Post
    Thanks again Spoon. Cab you give me a bit of guidance as to how I do this please? Currently I would highlight all tracks and select edit tags with dbpoweramp. I do not see an option to update id tag?

Thanks

Paul
    start dbpa BATCH CONVERTER, then select the subdirectories you want to edit, then CONVERT at top of screen, then when at the next popup screen, choose "Update ID Tag" as the ENCODER. down below this there are several options/tabs related to tagging, artwork, etc.

Ok thanks Garym.

Hi Garym. Hope you are still around to help? I'm having the same problem as above with my latest WAV music downloads. Of the 10 albums at least 5 of them won't save album artwork. I have re-read through the above from back in 2010! However when I get to your last point ie 'at next popup screen choose "update ID Tag" I don't see that option.I'm on version release 16.5 and have added a couple of screenshots. Can you help?

Screenshot 1.jpg

Screenshot 2.jpg

Regards

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Garym. Hope you are still around to help? I'm having the same problem as above with my latest WAV music downloads. Of the 10 albums at least 5 of them won't save album artwork. I have re-read through the above from back in 2010! However when I get to your last point ie 'at next popup screen choose "update ID Tag" I don't see that option.I'm on version release 16.5 and have added a couple of screenshots. Can you help?

Regards

Paul
    Hi Paul. You have FLAC chosen as the encoder ("convert to"). After you select the files in the music converter or batch converter, in the "convert to" box you need to select "ID TAG UPDATE" rather than FLAC. This will allow you to add artwork. Or when converting WAV to FLAC, add the ID TAG PROCESSING DSP in the DSP section, then in its settings, click on manipulation tab to tell it how to import artwork from the location of the WAV files. See picture.
    Capture.PNG

Hi Garym. Good to hear from you again. Not sure why I get this issue occasionally. Maybe its to do with the website I'm downloading from (Bleep.com). Anyway I'm not seeing an option to select ID Tag Update'. See my latest picture. I've seen yours but not clear how to get to it! Sorry.

Screenshot 2020-06-09 at 19.13.03.jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

maybe you need to download and install the ID TAG UPDATE DSP from the codec central site, under UTILITY codecs. See:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm

Hi Gary. I did try that as I did a bit of googling (before I realised that I had had this problem a few years ago) and was taken to a previous post of someone with similar problems. Unfortunately the only option seems to be for windows and I'm using a mac.

Gary, Is there a version for Mac?

dBpoweramp Guru

Gary, Is there a version for Mac?
    Don't know about the Mac versions. I'm sure there is something similar for the Mac version of dbpa. A Mac user will need to chime in.

dBpoweramp Guru

or can't you simply take the artwork for the album from somewhere off the web, and save it as a jpg file inside the folder containing the album tracks. Call the artwork file: folder.jpg or cover.jpg