title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: AccurateRip support broken ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

AccurateRip support broken ?

Either I don't understand dbPoweramp's AR implementation, or it is seriously broken.
    I just did a rip of a CD on 2 different machines, because some tracks don't get AR results. I compare the results by comparing the AR tags in the files, not the GUI (because that has been confirmed buggy here : https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...last-Burst-rip).
    Well, it appears that I have tracks that have an AR rip on both machines, yet the MP3 file has a different CRC in the ACCURATERIPRESULT tag on both machines. Surely this cannot be correct ?!

Administrator

Re: AccurateRip support broken ?

Which CRC? AccurateRip CRC or a general audio CRC?

>not the GUI (because that has been confirmed buggy here

The bug only applies to Defective by design ripping, you perhaps only need to enable this for 1 disc out of 1000.

Re: AccurateRip support broken ?

Apologies, I may have accidentally compared 2 different CDs. I cannot reproduce it with the CD that I thought I had checked with.
    Could not find my post afterwards, and only seeing it now (I guess posts need to be approved first ?).