title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: When trying to retrieve cd details correct info flashes up for a second but is replac

When trying to retrieve cd details correct info flashes up for a second but is replac

Bit of an odd one, this.

I'm trying to rip the recently bought CD Runaround Who on Teensville records.

When I put it in my CD drive and fire up CD ripper it searches and then for a second the correct details flash up, only to be replaced by an incorrect album a second later.

It's clearly picking up the right info from somewhere, but it's nowhere to be seen when I hit the check metadata button, only the wrong info.

As it's a 30 track compilation I'd prefer not to enter everything again by hand. Thoughts?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: When trying to retrieve cd details correct info flashes up for a second but is re

Try to retrieve the meta data by CD Text only.

Dat Ei

Re: When trying to retrieve cd details correct info flashes up for a second but is re

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Try to retrieve the meta data by CD Text only.

Dat Ei
    OK That's halfway there. CD Text only returns the correct track titles. but the individual artist names are all listed as various artists instead of the correct names. Again this information flashes up for that second's preview before it vanishes so I think we could be on the right track.

Just checked and iTunes identifies the disc correctly.
    Last edited by wondermouse; 10-31-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Administrator

Try R17 which is in the testing section of this forum.

Having same problem as wondermouse...multi artist cds briefly appear with all correct info...then disappear...have used cd ripper years ago and just purchased newest version....frustrating because I think it's best ripping tool available...This does NOT happen with JRiver...WMP12....Foobar2000...they display ALL INFO correctly....PLEASE HELP...love the program...love the versatility but this is a real pain.....Thank You...pacdpm

Administrator

You have tried R17 which is in the testing section of this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You have tried R17 which is in the testing section of this forum?
    Hi Spoon,

I haven’t, but I will and will report back. (In the end I ripped it using iTunes as it had the correct data.)