title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Manual metadata pull from Discogs does not take artist names on compilations

Manual metadata pull from Discogs does not take artist names on compilations

Hi,

I'm using R17. When I do a manual metadata lookup by Discogs URL for a CD that has artist names by track, those artists are not pulled in. Rather the album artist (e.g. "Various") gets applied to every track instead. Basically ripping any compilation or soundtrack where I want to load the Discogs data requires me to type them all in by hand.

Example: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Reel...elease/6105871

When loading in CD Ripper, every track has the artist name "Various" rather than the actual artists as shown for each track in Discogs.

Is there an option I need to change, or is it something that may be updated in a future release?

Thanks!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Manual metadata pull from Discogs does not take artist names on compilations

I noticed this recently. I wanted to use the Manual Metadata Search, but it keeps filling in the Discogs version, which as you said has Various for all of the Artists.

I want to use a link for the specific CD, but as it auto-fills on the Manual search, I can't get the version I want in.

Administrator

Re: Manual metadata pull from Discogs does not take artist names on compilations

This has been fixed (Various) for R17.1, I update the beta soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    This has been fixed (Various) for R17.1, I update the beta soon.
    I just tested it and it works great now. Thank you for the quick fix!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have unticked all data providers. I copied this link from Discogs https://www.discogs.com/Various-Top-...elease/2587734

but it still has Various as the Artist, not the Artists it does on the release page.

Any ideas please anyone?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Double post, please delete.
    Last edited by 808beats; 08-17-2020 at 06:42 AM.

Administrator

It works for me, all tracks have their own artist, this was fixed in R17.1

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have 17.1 Beta 2 and they all say Various.

Administrator

You need the full release of R17, not the beta version, it was released.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks Spoon.