title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

De-dup continually crashing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FrankC15
    • Oct 2019

De-dup continually crashing

I am running into a problem where de-dup crashes every time after analyzing my files. Once it gives me the list of duplicates (around 3,000) and I begin scrolling through, I can only scroll for a minute before it crashes and then my only choice is to re-launch the program. Currently running it on Mac OS Catalina.
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: De-dup continually crashing

Thanks for the bug report.
    I can't seem to recreate the issue with two copies of whole library, resulting in over 15000 duplicates, so there must be another factor than just the nubmer of duplicated songs.
    Please make a snapshot of the PerfectTUNES configuration, in terminal:
    tar czf ~/Desktop/PT.tgz ~/Library/PerfectTUNES
    This will create a PT.tgz file in your Desktop folder. Email the file to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis. Hopfully the cause of the crash will manfiest itself.

Comment

• PeterP
      Super Moderator
      • Jul 2011

Re: De-dup continually crashing

Thanks for the detailed debug info in the email.

Problem addressed in newly posted beta version-
      Current version: R2.4 beta 2 Download: https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/PerfectTUNES-R2.4b2.dmg Changes since R2.3: Improved De-Dup performance on large collections. Fixed De-Dup crash when scrolling thru the list. Changes in beta 2: Various ID Tags / files view bugs fixed. Hidden files are now ignored by ID Tags files

Comment

Working...

]]>