title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Losing Album Art (folder.jpg)

Losing Album Art (folder.jpg)

As i rip each CD I check to confirm there is album art. However, after confirming the rip and album art in "Various Artists" folder when I rechecked the folder.jpg with album is missing. Why is this happening? Seems to be only in the "Various Artists" folder.

Administrator

Re: Losing Album Art (folder.jpg)

You say that the folder.jpg file is there, then later is removed?

Yes, as I rip each album i confirm the jpg is there as well as a text file. The text file is present but no jpg. If there is a way to reclaim or attach the album cover without a long laborious process that would be appreciated. I've started this project a few times trying to get it perfect so now finding i have missing jpg's is a big disappointment.

dBpoweramp Guru

Do you have any other software monitoring your music library folder e.g. Windows Media Player?

Yes, I have WMP connected. Is that causing the issue?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by allnamestaken View Post

Most likely. WMP can do very bad things to our music files, in particular changing/removing the album art without our knowledge. At least go through the settings in WMP and turn off its ability to change the tags or artwork or automatically do anything. Best answer is to turn off WMP in your computer. I wouldn't let WMP touch my music files. On all my windows machines, I've not got WMP setup to run.

dBpoweramp Guru

Search these forums for the many threads that discuss issues with WMP.

Do you have a recommendation for a WMP replacement that will allow Bluetooth or network streaming to wireless speakers?

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a WMP replacement? Something that won't change any information and will allow bluetooth or connection to wireless speakers on the network?

dBpoweramp Guru

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a WMP replacement? Something that won't change any information and will allow bluetooth or connection to wireless speakers on the network?
    What do you mean exactly by "connection to wireless speakers on the network".

I use foobar2000 as a server/player on my windows machines. But I'm not using that to send music elsewhere on the network. I use LMS (logitech media server) to stream my music files from my server (can be any pc running LMS) to a number of squeezebox players on my network (some are connected to my network via WIFI and some are wired via ethernet). I also have Roon which will do the same thing to many different types of players. There are various upnp servers that can distribute music to players (including ASSET produced by the dbpa company). I don't use bluetooth except for headphones connected to my iphone/ipad when traveling.

I'm not sure if things like jRiver can do what you want, but worth looking into.

Thank you for the recommendations. I'm looking for a player that is DLNA compatible, I believe, and after my experience with WMP, doesn't alter any of the original files. I'm checking out Musicbee, it might be what I'm looking for. My wireless speakers are not Sonos so the program needs to see the speaker on the network.