Hi all,

Forgive me if I sound a bit noobish. I'm having an issue that I know has affected a few other people in the past. However, I'm having my own issue that differs from what I've read about. I have a number of discs that when ripped, produce a few tracks which begin with a slight pop sound. Some of these discs fall under the category of "I don't hear the pop sound if I play the album straight through" and others give me files with the pop sound occurring when there is normally silence between tracks. I play my music on my phone which is hooked up to an amplifier. I have read that ID tags can sometimes confuse players and make them think that a tag is part of an audio file, but I rip to .aif and I don't see any setting in the configuration tab that allows me to disable tagging. I don't think that is the issue as on my computer and in iTunes, I test-played the same files that pop on my phone. The pops were still part of the specific files when I played them on my computer. It is important to note that all my rips have come out as accurate. At first, I assumed this slight popping was due to offset complications but I'm not sure because it is happening on tracks that don't overlap without silence. Also, I am not supposed to hear my offset because it is only +6.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Thank you in advance!