title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to show a default tag, then another one if default is not present in Asset UPnP?

How to show a default tag, then another one if default is not present in Asset UPnP?

Hi

I'd like to know if I can ask Asset UPnP to look for a tag, then if this tag is not present, look for another one instead.

I'd like to organize huge amount of classical files, some of which are group under a "Collection" tag. The server would show the Collection of albums grouped under "Collection", then if the "collection" tag is not present, would show just the album name.

This behaviour is similar to the "grouping multi-disc albums behaviour". But I want to keep album name differents inside a collection, for ease of browsing.

This feature is present in MinimServer and JRiver, but I'd would like to use it in Asset

Thanks

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: How to show a default tag, then another one if default is not present in Asset UP

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but perhaps your idea would also work to unify multiple releases of the same album?

For example, if you have 3 remasters of Dark Side of the Moon, the unifying tag would be populated with that exact name while the 3 ALBUM tags would have unique variants. So when browsing for Pink Floyd, only one cover of Dark Side of the Moon would show up before you actually select it and then the 3 remasters would be shown.

And if the unifying tag is absent, the ALBUM tag would be used normally (and thus all 3 covers would show up in the first stage).

Sorry if I misunderstood, but is this similar to your idea and how it works in the apps you mentioned?

If so I too wish for such a feature - it would elegantly solve the multiple remasters issue.

Re: How to show a default tag, then another one if default is not present in Asset UP

This is exactly that; that would work for your need too indeed.

So it seems that the only way to do it so far is to create another tag that contains either the unifying tag if it exists or otherwise the album tag. I guess this is the workaround for now.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

That workaround would work but without covers. You must then select the ALBUM tag in Asset to get an album listing with covers - but for your purpose you might not require covers [in the first stage].

If I understand you correctly though, MinimServer and JRiver are able to unify with covers, eg show just one cover for multiple remasters if they have the same unifying tag?

You are right. MinimServer will do the same as Asset : it shows covers only for proper Albums, as Asset does. There may be a way though but I don't know it.

JRiver shows a cover for albums grouped by unifying tag; but actually it always does for any tag...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thank you for clarifying.