title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset 6.3 new albums

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hungryhalibut
    • May 2016

Asset 6.3 new albums

I’ve updated to 6.3 and have noticed that new albums don’t show up in the Naim app without forcing a rescan. With 6.2 they appeared virtually straight away. I’m using a Qnap. I wonder if I’ve done something wrong or whether it’s a bug. Thanks.
  • Guinnless
    • Sep 2018

Re: Asset 6.3 new albums

Same issue for me too since installing 6.3 on my QNAP. I have to click on "Rescan Folders..." to get it to find the albums, "Restart Asset" has no effect.

Comment

• PeterP
      Super Moderator
      • Jul 2011

The problem is being investigated, thanks for reporting.

Update: problem confirmed, indeed Linux folder monitoring regressed in R6.3. An update will be released shortly.
      Last edited by PeterP; 10-29-2019, 12:08 PM. Reason: Updated

Comment

• Hungryhalibut
        • May 2016

Thanks Peter, it will be good to have this fixed.

Comment

• PeterP
          Super Moderator
          • Jul 2011

New beta:
          Current version: R6.4 beta 4 Downloads: QNAP: https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset_R6.4b4.qpkg Synology: https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-R6.4b4.spk Linux x86 32-bit: https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-R6.4b4-Linux-x86.tar.gz Linux x86 64-bit: https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-R6.4b4-Linux-x64.tar.gz ARM /

As usual, install new version without uninstalling old, then beta will function as registered.

Comment

• Hungryhalibut
            • May 2016

Does this mean that installing the beta will fix the issue? Do I just install it like I did to get to 6.3? And will all settings, particularly the browse tree stay in place? As you can tell, I&*8217;m not too hot on technical stuff.

Comment

• Guy007
              • Jun 2016

I haven't been able to check 6.3, but in 6.2 in New Albums the Artist info is pulling from the Album Artist tag, not the Artist tag. If that can be fixed too, that would be great.

Comment

• Guy007
                • Jun 2016

Update - The issue still occurs in 6.3

Comment

• Mike-B
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Aug 2018

Originally posted by Hungryhalibut
                  Does this mean that installing the beta will fix the issue? Do I just install it like I did to get to 6.3? And will all settings, particularly the browse tree stay in place? As you can tell, I&*8217;m not too hot on technical stuff.
                  Hi HH, yes all your browse tree & config setting are kept, nothing gets changed.

I'm not sure if its fixed the problem or not as my Synology did not have the same as you reported on QNAP, but when I had it set to detect new tracks & then loaded 3 new albums, it did not see them, I had to run a rescan.

Comment

• Hungryhalibut
                    • May 2016

I&*8217;ve never loaded the beta and the new album appears straight away, just like before. Thanks!

Comment

• Guinnless
                      • Sep 2018

Beta 6.4 works great. New albums are now detected very quickly.

Comment

Working...

]]>