title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset 6.3 new albums

Asset 6.3 new albums

I’ve updated to 6.3 and have noticed that new albums don’t show up in the Naim app without forcing a rescan. With 6.2 they appeared virtually straight away. I’m using a Qnap. I wonder if I’ve done something wrong or whether it’s a bug. Thanks.

Re: Asset 6.3 new albums

Same issue for me too since installing 6.3 on my QNAP. I have to click on "Rescan Folders..." to get it to find the albums, "Restart Asset" has no effect.

Super Moderator

The problem is being investigated, thanks for reporting.

Update: problem confirmed, indeed Linux folder monitoring regressed in R6.3. An update will be released shortly.
    Last edited by PeterP; 10-29-2019 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Updated

Thanks Peter, it will be good to have this fixed.

Super Moderator

New beta:
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...inux-R6-4-beta

As usual, install new version without uninstalling old, then beta will function as registered.

Does this mean that installing the beta will fix the issue? Do I just install it like I did to get to 6.3? And will all settings, particularly the browse tree stay in place? As you can tell, I&*8217;m not too hot on technical stuff.

I haven't been able to check 6.3, but in 6.2 in New Albums the Artist info is pulling from the Album Artist tag, not the Artist tag. If that can be fixed too, that would be great.

Update - The issue still occurs in 6.3

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Hungryhalibut View Post
    Does this mean that installing the beta will fix the issue? Do I just install it like I did to get to 6.3? And will all settings, particularly the browse tree stay in place? As you can tell, I&*8217;m not too hot on technical stuff.
    Hi HH, yes all your browse tree & config setting are kept, nothing gets changed.

I'm not sure if its fixed the problem or not as my Synology did not have the same as you reported on QNAP, but when I had it set to detect new tracks & then loaded 3 new albums, it did not see them, I had to run a rescan.

I&*8217;ve never loaded the beta and the new album appears straight away, just like before. Thanks!

Beta 6.4 works great. New albums are now detected very quickly.