title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Bug: missing AccurateRip tags

Bug: missing AccurateRip tags

I accidentally noticed what seems to be a bug. I notice in my accurately ripped collection that there are a small number of files that are missing the ACCURATERIPDISCID and ACCURATERIPRESULT tags. These are just random files, typically no more than 1 on a CD. It's like 1% of all tracks, but that still means one CD out of 10. It's rather annoying because now I will have to re-rip these CDs to get the tags properly populated, but also any new rip I will have to double check to see the tags are there (luckily just a matter of adding a column in MP3Tag).

Also worth noting that I rip to both MP3 and FLAC with the Multi-Encoder and each time it's both the MP3 and FLAC files that are missing the tag.
    Last edited by Damper; 10-23-2019 at 06:07 AM.

Administrator

Re: Bug: missing AccurateRip tags

It is likely that something had the file open when CD ripper wanted to add the accuraterip tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is likely that something had the file open when CD ripper wanted to add the accuraterip tags.
    Shouldn't that then be a problem also for other tags, like e.g. ReplayGain ? I checked my library and not one file is missing a REPLAYGAIN tag.
    It's also very unlikely something would have the file open. The rips go into a dedicated TEMP folder that I don't touch until the CD is fully ripped and ejected. Only then I start doing some tagging work. Plus, the fact that both the MP3 and FLAC file each time have the problem, seems to indicate that it's really CDRipper that is somehow failing to add the tags.
    Last edited by Damper; 10-23-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Administrator

It could be timing, the AR tags are written as soon as the file is closed the first time. Replaygain would be much later on.

Try disabling your security software, see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It could be timing, the AR tags are written as soon as the file is closed the first time. Replaygain would be much later on.
    Try disabling your security software, see if that helps.
    Thanks. The problem with this issue obviously is that it's very difficult to reproduce. I now know that as part of my process I need to also check the AR tags. This is peanuts compared to trying to find the root cause. Might also depend on the machine. I'm now using an older laptop to rip where I have much more success with copy protected CDs. Have not see the issue there yet.

Anyway, figured I'd just report it, in case it's a known issue, or others have something similar.