title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Smart Playlists

dBpoweramp Guru

Smart Playlists

Longtime dbpa user but I've just started using TuneFusion. I'm synching FLAC files to my iphone (foobar2000 mobile) using TuneFusion. I'm converting the FLAC files to mp3 in the process of moving to the phone. All working well. I'd like to be able to select certain albums to sync, and there is the "specified album" option within SMART PLAYLISTS. Is there any way to modify this to show SPECIFIED ARTISTS/ALBUMS. That is, I'd like to see a list of ARTISTS or ALBUM ARTISTS, with their albums listed underneath. This would allow me to more easily select the albums I want to sync. Thanks for any pointers.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Smart Playlists

Following up, after playing with it a bit more, I think it may *almost* already do what I want. I see the "write to" formatting puts the "album artist" name in front of the "album" name in the listing the SPECIFIED ALBUMS provides me in Smart Playlists. So if an ALBUM ARTIST exists, I can see the artist and album name, and this is sorted by ALBUM ARTIST name. That's all good.

I leave ALBUM ARTIST blank unless using it for a specific reason (compilations, albums with more than one artist on at least one track, etc.). I'll have to play around a bit more. Perhaps I can edit the "write to" naming string to use ALBUM ARTIST when it exists but otherwise use ARTIST tag.

dBpoweramp Guru

Changing the "write to" naming string under Smart Playlist > Specified Albums doesn't change anything in terms of the list of albums offered up for selection. I've played with the SOURCE FILTERING and "artists" as well. But I'm back where I started. I don't see an easy way to (1) select several artists and (2) for each artist, choose only some of the albums. Thanks for any insights.

Administrator

There is no filtering of albums based on artist, perhaps something we can look into in the future

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    There is no filtering of albums based on artist, perhaps something we can look into in the future
    Thanks. I've added to the WISHLIST forum.
    Last edited by garym; 10-23-2019 at 07:23 AM.