title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp R17 [Windows] Discussion

Administrator

dBpoweramp R17 [Windows] Discussion

For all discussion related to dBpoweramp R17 Windows.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: dBpoweramp R17 [Windows] Discussion

Since I just spent too much time on a bunch of metadata "correcting" the entries, a suggestion for a new feature in 17:

An option to replace all the commas or commas followed by spaces with semicolons in the artist and composer tags of an album. Fixing the multiple artist inconsistency in metadata provider's data. (probably best placed at the bottom of the "smart metadata review" page, by the capitalize options). Has to be an option, not automatic, as there are entries with last name, first name that need a different fix.

And likewise, a similar option to replace the slash or the slash space or the space slash space combinations in the artist or composer tags with semicolon space, for the same reasons.

Thanks

John

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by schmidj View Post
    Since I just spent too much time on a bunch of metadata "correcting" the entries, a suggestion for a new feature in 17:

An option to replace all the commas or commas followed by spaces with semicolons in the artist and composer tags of an album. Fixing the multiple artist inconsistency in metadata provider's data. (probably best placed at the bottom of the "smart metadata review" page, by the capitalize options). Has to be an option, not automatic, as there are entries with last name, first name that need a different fix.

And likewise, a similar option to replace the slash or the slash space or the space slash space combinations in the artist or composer tags with semicolon space, for the same reasons.

Thanks

John
    Great suggestion!

Re: dBpoweramp R17 [Windows] Batch ReplayGain not working

I installed Windows dbPA 17beta over 16.6 and re-installed ReplayGain v.5 (latest). dbPA 17 beta does not handle ReplayGain Batch conversion correctly. Only the first track in a directory or list of tracks is encoded. Said otherwise, only one track at a time is RG encoded. In dpPA 16.6, RG batch encoding worked OK.

Administrator

Thanks for your report will look into it.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

GetPopupInfo stopped working. I was filling out tag info of a bunch of random quality wav files, but doing it one at a time. The crash happened when I clicked okay.
    I have the dumb file but it's not accepted as something I can attach.

Administrator

Please email this dump file, address here:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Re: dBpoweramp R17 [Windows] Secure Extraction Log

Hello!

Small thing I've noticed. The secure extraction log no longer shows up on the information log after ripping, as it did in R16. It is still writing the text file to the folder. I have not made any setting changes, and it looks like all the correct boxes are checked to have the extraction log shown in the info log.

Not a big deal, but thought you should know!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Please email this dump file, address here:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm
    Sorry for the late reply, but I see you have regressed or fixed the ReplayGain problem in beta 3. I no longer have beta 1 installed. I can reinstall if it is useful - let me know. Where do I find the dump file you want?

Administrator

The dump is from someone else who had a crash.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Would it be possible for the beta version to be reported in dbpoweramp control center? It's easy to lose track of which beta is installed. For me, control center just reports I'm running 17 beta, and I can't remember which one it is.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

FYI
    I loaded Beta-4 this morning; it started a MS Windows warning about not being an MS app, this hasn't happened before when loading dBp, no problems as I just changed the app filter to 'Anything', even then it still had 'are you sure' pop ups.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ac16161 View Post
    Would it be possible for the beta version to be reported in dbpoweramp control center? It's easy to lose track of which beta is installed. For me, control center just reports I'm running 17 beta, and I can't remember which one it is.
    Thanks, Beta 4 does this.

Administrator

This is because the install file is not known to Microsoft, it has just appeared. On full release it would take about a week before MS trust it.

Hi,

I started to use 17Beta (Windows).
    Ripped same disc twice. and I got 2 different length (rip to single Wav file) and different file size!?
    I changed only the embedded picture.
    2019-12-21.jpg
    2019-12-21 (1).jpg