title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

seperate Flac stereo from flac multichannel..?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doobre
    • May 2006

seperate Flac stereo from flac multichannel..?

Hi there, just wonder if asset can list/display the above two kinds of flac files in two different lists.
    I see there is a "contains" folder and a "details" folder, can one of these be used to show a difference in the album title if all my multichannel albums contain "DTS-CD" in the title, for example.
    I am not really sure how to go about this..
    ideas anyone.. thanks
    cheers CD
    Last edited by doobre; 10-17-2019, 03:25 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: seperate Flac stereo from flac multichannel..?

There is no current provision to separate the channel count when browsing.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• doobre
      • May 2006

Thanks for the quick responce Spoon, would the "contains" option in the browse tree be possible to detect a suffix to the filename or the album title.? such as "DTS".. or am I misunderstanding that function?
      Thanks for any advice.
      cheers CD

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It does not work like that, the best way is to (if you have dBpoweramp):

Install utility codec 'ID Tag Update'

Batch Converter >> select whole music library >> list, then sort on channel count, select the 2 channel items (click at top and hold shift and click at bottom), then click check mark to uncheck. Now you have a list of just > 2 channel tracks, click Convert on the list page, choose the encoder as 'ID Tag Update' and set to add a new ID Tag, call it 'Multichannel' with a value of '1', do the 'Conversion' which will add that tag.

Then add this new tag to asset database and browse tree, and rescan all:

These are instructions for the Windows version. For Linux/Mac/QNAP, see below. Asset has the ability to display custom ID Tags (non-standard), with a little configuring. For example your FLAC library contains a unique tag of 'MOOD', you can add this to asset by: Start >> Run >> Regedit: Browse to:
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• doobre
          • May 2006

That's a great idea, thanks. I have been a dBpamp user for many years, I'll give it a go.. thanks again
          cheers CD

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Yes, the method suggested by Spoon works. I use it to separate my library in a single Asset instance.

In ALL my music files I have created a custom tag named library.

The library tag is then populated with the following values, based on filetype, resolution and no. of channels:
            flac (for 2ch, 16-bit, 44.1kHz flacs)
            hi-res (for 2ch, non 16-bit, 44.1kHz flacs)
            hi-res 5.1 (for 6ch, non 16-bit, 44.1kHz flacs)
            mp3, AC-3 and DTS

For more information, see this thread: Multiple Libraries

Comment

Working...

]]>