title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Files on a NAS and also "stored" in Twonky - how do I move or "process" in dBPoweramp

Files on a NAS and also "stored" in Twonky - how do I move or "process" in dBPoweramp

Unfortunately, my computer understanding is limited ....thus even asking coherent questions is a challenge.
    That said, my problem is how to use dBPoweramp processing on the music files stored on a WD My Cloud Mirror NAS and also stored, or perhaps just accessible, on my laptop in Twonky. I can access them via the lap top under media devices ....under twonky server. I suppose question one is whether twonky is the equivalent of dBPoweramp. Whether it is or is not, can and should files available there be processed by dBPoweramp and if so how? (Ultimately, the files are played using Linn Kazoo and Linn server.) Thanks for any insight....hopefully very simply stated!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Files on a NAS and also "stored" in Twonky - how do I move or "process" in dBPowe

Quote Originally Posted by Bill5430 View Post
    Unfortunately, my computer understanding is limited ....thus even asking coherent questions is a challenge.
    That said, my problem is how to use dBPoweramp processing on the music files stored on a WD My Cloud Mirror NAS and also stored, or perhaps just accessible, on my laptop in Twonky. I can access them via the lap top under media devices ....under twonky server. I suppose question one is whether twonky is the equivalent of dBPoweramp. Whether it is or is not, can and should files available there be processed by dBPoweramp and if so how? (Ultimately, the files are played using Linn Kazoo and Linn server.) Thanks for any insight....hopefully very simply stated!
    Hoipe I can explain:

Twonky is a music server, like Asset UPnP or Kazoo Server. Music servers (or media servers) scan your files to create a sorted and coherent database to present to your control point (kazoo) for you to browse/search/select and play. They don;t touch the files themselves, only read them.

dbPoweramp music converter works on the files themselves, stored on your NAS. It is a different thing entirely, so for all intents and purposes the music servers are irrelevant in what you want to do - assuming you want to convert your music files to some other format? You would need to create a network drive from your computer to your NAS music directory, then you can access the files from music converter (not Twonky).
    To create the network drive depends on whether you use a PC or a Mac?