title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Start-Up Issues

Start-Up Issues

I am using Asset UPnP REv 6.2 on a Windows 10 laptop and playing music from a DLNA compatible Yamaha BD-A1060 Universal Disc Player. I can access the Asset via WiFI from the player and view the music folders but none of the folders show the music files that are present in the folders (generally FLACs). All that shows up in music-containing folders is the "back" folder.

I turned on the Windows DLNA and everything works as expected from the player, the music files are shown and play normally.

Any idea why the Asset server isn't showing music files?

Thank you,

Mike

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Start-Up Issues

A problem with the tagging? Or are you using folder view?

Administrator

You would have to try a different control point to browse asset, try this:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-Asset-Control

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You would have to try a different control point to browse asset, try this:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-Asset-Control
    Asset Control finds the music files in Asset UPnP and Windows DLNA servers without any issue.

The question remains as to why the Yamaha player finds the albums but displays no songs when accessing Asset UPnP directly.

Mike

Administrator

Perhaps only Yamaha have that answer.

I like the Asset Control App and it doesn't seem to have any problem playing my CD rips. When I play purchased 192kHz/24bit FLAC files, AC crashes during the playing of a song and then playing stops at the end of the presently playing track. If I subsequently click on the AC App screen, I get the spinning blue circle and Windows 10 eventually prompts to close the App. This can happen after the first track or any other track. Usually, it will crash within the first few tracks. I don't see any overloading issues when I look at the Asset tasks in the Task Manager.

Any ideas?

Mike

Administrator

I am sorry to say Asset Control is no longer developed.

Oh, OK, that makes sense. I appreciate your help! I found a good Android Controller and upgraded my Asset UPnP server so I expect that I am "all set".

Thank you,

Mike

I am using a Yamaha with Asset and no problem at all. What Yamaha are you using and what file format are you using for most of your music?

Quote Originally Posted by RaspberryAsset View Post
    I am using a Yamaha with Asset and no problem at all. What Yamaha are you using and what file format are you using for most of your music?
    I am using a Yamaha BD-A1060 Universal Disc Player. Most of my music files are FLAC format. Most from CD rips and a number of 192kHz/24bit files.