title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper metadata

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pittville
    • Jul 2017

CD Ripper metadata

About every three years, I need help, and this is no exception

I am using the latest dbpoweramp version and the same for Windows.

I load a CD as normal, the metadata loads, then after 5-10 seconds it disappears. If I click Rip, it does so though as s series of separate tracks with no metadata. It plays just fine. I suspect, I have my usual finger problem
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper metadata

Which metadata providers do you have enabled?

You should only have:

PerfectMETA
    freedb
    gd3
    discogs
    musicbrainz
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Pittville
      • Jul 2017

Thank you very much, quick and on the button as usual. I turned all off except those you listed. That stopped the data appearing and disappearing. It just did not appear in the first place. Then I clicked on CD Text and eureka; all was well.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Pittville
        Thank you very much, quick and on the button as usual. I turned all off except those you listed. That stopped the data appearing and disappearing. It just did not appear in the first place. Then I clicked on CD Text and eureka; all was well.
        I have this issue too with the latest version on dbpa. Don't recall this ever happening with older versions. But yes, once it "appears then disappears" I then click CD TEXT and it pulls from there.

EDIT: See an older post about this issue:
        Version 16.6: CD Ripper apparently first reads CD-Text and CD-ISRC, then looks for metadata on the web. Not finding anything on the web, it removes the originally found metadata that was on the disc. Going back and requesting reads from CD-Text and CD-ISRC restores the originally-found metadata, and I am able to proceed from
        Last edited by garym; 10-16-2019, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>