title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Help setting up AssetUPnP on Raspberrypi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help setting up AssetUPnP on Raspberrypi

Hoping for some help - About 5 years ago I bought a raspberrypi and successfully managed to setup and run Asset on it. However it recently stopped working - the pi just sat there with the light on but no other evidence of life - so I decided to wipe the SD card and start again. This seemed to solve the problem of the pi being dead, but setting it up again this time I can’t for the life of me seem to get Asset working!

I’ve followed Spoon’s instructions as far as I can tell, but Asset isn’t finding any music. This is the line I have at the end of the /etc/fstab file:

//192.168.1.66/Public /home/pi/nas cifs guest,_netdev,sec=ntlm 0 0 (the NAS has a fixed IP)

And on the configuration page of Asset I have /home/pi/nas in the ‘Watched media folders’ box.

My knowledge of Linux is basically zero outside of Spoon’s instructions, although I did manage to get it working last time!

Any help would be very much appreciated (please spare me from having to use the inbuilt Twonky server on my NAS!)

Phill

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Help setting up AssetUPnP on Raspberrypi

Is the RPi mounting the NAS volume?
    Where the mount command being executed?

Have you created the directory in \home\pi\nas on the RPi and applied the right permissions?
    If you open a command shell, can you navigate to this directory and &*8216;see&*8217; the contents of the volume on the NAS volume?

Once Asset can &*8216;see&*8217; the folders to scan, it does the rest.

Thanks simes_pep,

Is the RPi mounting the NAS volume? - I’m afraid I don’t know - how would I find this out?
    Where the mount command being executed? - /etc/fstab? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Have you created the directory in \home\pi\nas on the RPi and applied the right permissions? - I entered these lines, as per Spoon’s instructions:

cd /home/pi
    sudo mkdir nas
    sudo chmod 777 nas

Does that answer your question?

If you open a command shell, can you navigate to this directory and ’see’ the contents of the volume on the NAS volume? - does this tell you anything:?

214BD543-C2F3-444E-9F91-1B81D6F173AF.jpg

Administrator

It does not look mounted, ls -l would list all the folders on the nas.

Does your nas not require a password? cifs is based on passwords unless the guest account is active.

NFS is another linux methos of sharing, based on ip addresses allowed.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

No if you run a df or even a du command it should give you the usage of the mounted file store

149606AF-8207-41C3-9361-F0A5AB672C8D.jpg

Where are you running a sudo mount -a command to actually execute on the contents of the fstab file?

Quote Originally Posted by simes_pep View Post
    Where are you running a sudo mount -a command to actually execute on the contents of the fstab file?
    As far as I’m aware, I’m not!

Could you suggest where I should be, and what such a command may look like?

I would probably be giving up at the point if it wasn’t for the fact that I have had it running before!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Type crontab -e
    Enter
    @reboot sudo mount -a

Then reboot

I found that later versions of rasbian stopped automounting what was listed in the fstab file.

I then rebuild my RPi to DietPi, as my existing version was stuck back in Jessie/Wheezy and I wanted to move to Stretch/Buster versions.