title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dBpoweramp hanging

dBpoweramp hanging

Hey there

I am getting a repeated issue with dBpoweramp not closing "politely" on Mac. I'm not sure what is triggering it, a couple of times it has been after I have edited the genre text file, and it is generally after using CD Ripper.

Basically I think the application has closed but I realise at some point (often when I go to reload it) that it is still in memory. Force Quit doesn't work, there are no active windows, and I have to restart the system. However... my Mac won't soft restart as it is unable to close dBpoweramp...which it is happy to tell me over and over until I hold down the power button..

Would love to be able to provide an error message but as the application is not closing unexpectedly or whatever Apple looks for...I'm not getting any crash reports etc.

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp hanging

Which dBpoweramp version do you have? and which OS X version?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Which dBpoweramp version do you have? and which OS X version?
    db 16.6 and Mojave 10.14.3

Having even more severe issues with Perfecttunes hanging the OS. dbPoweramp it's just every few hours, but haven't gotten Perfecttunes to complete a scan yet.

Administrator

Where is your music stored? on a NAS?