title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error unable to open File...for writing.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dyneq
    • Sep 2010

Error unable to open File...for writing.

Running Release 16.6 and getting the following error when I attempt to rip to a local drive with 2.5TB free space:

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'E:\Music\lossless\Phish\Rift\03 Phish - Lengthwise.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'E:\Music\lossless\Phish\Rift\03 Phish - Lengthwise._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Things I have tried:
    - Manually created a folder and text file in the destination path/folder successfully
    - Ran CD Ripper as admin
    - Tried all three 'When Ripping' settings in CD Ripper's Options

Are there other troubleshooting options that I could try? I have searched the forum and have found many threads with solutions that aren't relevant to my setup.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Error unable to open File...for writing.

Drive E is your external drive? and you are able to copy files to it?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dyneq
      • Sep 2010

It’s an internal drive, and I have created a folder and text file in the destination folder.
      Last edited by dyneq; 10-05-2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Perhaps this?

Microsoft have updated Windows Defender to include an option called "Controlled folder access" this basically limits every program from accessing key areas of the system unless permitted on an individual program basis. By default this option is off for Windows, however if it is enabled you should add the programs
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dyneq
          • Sep 2010

Yes, that was the cause. I'm running Windows 10 Home 1903 (18362.388).

Thanks for the assistance.

Comment

Working...

]]>