title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Option: Encoding -> Using x Cores

Re: Option: Encoding -> Using x Cores

Thanks!
    Iappreciate your time and efforts.

Administrator

Did you try the option 'Do not ally to processor' on the CPU Force DSP effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Did you try the option 'Do not ally to processor' on the CPU Force DSP effect?
    Yes actually, I did. And again when I manually set to use all cores encoding speed rose from 70+X to 200+X speed.

Administrator

Which CPU is in your system?

What is strange, as by default converting FLAC >> mp3 (no dsp effects) then all CPUs will be used, how many are used on your system if you do not force any CPU (either from menu or DSP effects)?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Which CPU is in your system?

What is strange, as by default converting FLAC >> mp3 (no dsp effects) then all CPUs will be used, how many are used on your system if you do not force any CPU (either from menu or DSP effects)?
    If I remove the DSP and allow it to run in it's native state, all cores have some load on the CPU graphs but not enough to show more than 0% each/30% total load

When I add 'Options - Encoding - Use 6 cores' each core now shows 100%, and the encoding instantly accelerates to the expected rate.

Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz (Turbo to 3.81GHz)
    Cores = 6 / Virtual Cores = 0
    12.0 GB RAM
    Windows 10 64-bit

Administrator

Our program does not have the ability to part load a system, unless the DSP effect 'CPU Throttle' is used. If this is not included and it shows for example 6 conversions taking place at once, then anything which reduces the speed must be external to the program. Do you have other programs or security software which might do this?

As a test try encoding to 'Test Conversion'