title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: "Error writing audio data to stdin pipe" with all aac files

"Error writing audio data to stdin pipe" with all aac files

I'm doing a bulk multi-conversion that includes (and must include) several different AAC files, in LC mode and HEv2 as well as M4A. I've been successfully making these exact same conversions for over a year, but suddenly the AACs are all failing, giving the error message:

---------------

Error converting to [Multi Encoder], '[filepath/filename].wav' to '[filepath/filename].IGNORE'

AAC (Advanced Audio Compression): Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

AAC (Advanced Audio Compression): Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

m4a FDK (AAC): Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

---------------

I've looked all over the forum and can't find anything helpful. I made an allowance for the Music Converter program in the firewall, which doesn't seem to have helped. I've also reinstalled/updated the program and reinstalled all of the codecs. If it's relevant, the source audio is hosted on a network drive, while dbpoweramp is installed locally on the machine.

Administrator

Re: "Error writing audio data to stdin pipe" with all aac files

Try converting an older file which previously worked, does it still work.

What security software are you running?

Have you updated dBpoweramp recently?

Actually, after checking, all of the files work, but only one at a time. I guess it's the bulk conversion that's causing the issue; one of the tracks that refused to convert did so easily when I selected it alone.

I've just uninstalled Malwarebytes, which was all I was running apart from Windows default security, and it hasn't fixed the issue.

I just updated to the latest version of dbpoweramp on Monday, with a new license no less (long story), *because* I started having this issue, and it's doing the same thing it was before.

While it seems I can convert my files if I do them one at a time, that's really not a viable option for the amount of tracks I have. Is there anything I can do about getting the bulk conversion to work?

Administrator

Perhaps more than one file is trying to write to the same final filename?

I seem to have fixed the issue by setting the destination folder to a local directory as opposed to the network drive where the source files are located. Maybe I need to make firewall permissions for the codecs themselves somehow, but, whatever the case, my issue is resolved. Thank you for your help!