title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can no longer submit to AccurateRip

I can no longer submit to AccurateRip

I have been using for years. Just recently I can no longer submit to AccurateRip. I currently have 15 discs, 256 tracks, waiting to be submitted. Here is the log:

Compressing Drive Offsets...Ok
    Compressing AccurateRip Results...Ok
    Compressing Disc TOCs File...Ok
    Compressing FingerPrint File...Ok
    Compressing Index...Ok
    Connecting to AccurateRip server...
    Requesting version information...
    Clearing socket
    Submitting results...
    Error connecting to accuaraterip, please check your settings.

None of the existing threads I have found have been any help. It is neither my antivirus nor Windows Firewall. Nothing I am aware of has changed except for standard Windows updates since the last time it worked. Any helpful ideas?
    Last edited by progcode; 09-30-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Re: I can no longer submit to AccurateRip

I did just now notice a misspelling in that log, "accuaraterip", but I do not know if that is normal or if in fact that is why it is not working.

Edit: From looking at other people posting their logs, they all have the same misspelling, so I think that is normal and not the cause of the trouble.
    Last edited by progcode; 09-30-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Administrator

You can browse www.accuraterip.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You can browse www.accuraterip.com?
    Yes, I can.

Administrator

Any other security software, something seems to be jumping in and stopping the sending of data.

Any other security software, something seems to be jumping in and stopping the sending of data.
    Nothing. We're up to 20 discs and 315 tracks queued now. Is there a setting somewhere (registry?) that I should look at?
    Last edited by progcode; 10-01-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Administrator

No nothing, the connection is direct and 'just works'

No nothing, the connection is direct and 'just works'
    Somebody in another thread about AccurateRip mentioned something about blacklisting. Could I be blacklisted for some reason? How would I know?

Also, is this the correct info for accuraterip.com? 89.238.133.247 (cloudupnp.com)

My windows firewall log shows messages being sent to that IP address when I try to submit but shows nothing being received from that IP address.
    Last edited by progcode; 10-01-2019 at 06:39 PM.

Administrator

Blacklisting is done on internal database generation, not submission.

You would have to have something which can look at the network traffic off the computer, such as router to see if packets actually leave the machine.

Blacklisting is done on internal database generation, not submission.

You would have to have something which can look at the network traffic off the computer, such as router to see if packets actually leave the machine.
    It seems to me like you are saying, without saying, that I am out of luck, and will be getting no further assistance with this problem.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by progcode View Post
    It seems to me like you are saying, without saying, that I am out of luck, and will be getting no further assistance with this problem.
    no, he is saying that one can only diagnose this issue by determining what is happening with these packets at your end. It is not something on the AR database side. You should follow his advise to examine the packets going to and from your internet connection. Google packet tracing software and you should find some likely free software that would do this for you. Once you have some results you can post them here for help with interpretation.

I apologize for not keeping my frustration bottled up inside. I have not yet gone down the rabbit hole to examine packets, but I do have more information. I can submit in "Safe Mode With Networking".

I have gone through all of the startup apps and services, disabled some stuff I know I do not need. Nothing I disabled has fixed the problem.

I am also pretty well familiar with internet router settings and there is nothing unusual in my settings that should have any effect on this. And to emphasize what I said before, this used to work not very long ago. And nothing changed that should cause this kind of trouble.
    Last edited by progcode; 10-06-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Couple of thoughts that might help narrow down the culprit....

If you're using a laptop you could try running the upload when connected to a friend's network.

Alternatively, install a VPN, get that running and try again.

This would rule out anything local router or IP address related.

My synology router can be a bit overzealous in blocking stuff under the banner of 'threat prevention'.

Hope you get to thw bottom of it
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by stampie View Post
    If you're using a laptop you could try running the upload when connected to a friend's network.
    Alternatively, install a VPN, get that running and try again.
    This would rule out anything local router or IP address related.
    My synology router can be a bit overzealous in blocking stuff under the banner of 'threat prevention'.
    I have already tried using a VPN connection I have access to. Yes, it is a laptop but I have not tried taking it to a different internet connection location. Will try that. Thank you for the suggestion.

Administrator

> I can submit in "Safe Mode With Networking".

This is security software then, in safemode Windows does not load all that.