If I have two copies of the same CD, copy A and copy B. Both have some damage to them I want to extract the secure tracks from both CDs and reject anything that isn't secure. e.g.

If on copy A, tracks 1-5 rip OK but 6-10 have issues, I only want dbpoweramp to rip and encode tracks 1-5.

If I then rip copy B where tracks 1-3 won't rip cleanly but tracks 4-10 will, I want dbpoweramp to only attempt to rip tracks 6-10. i.e. ignore tracks 1-5 as they are already on disk and therefore assumed to be accurate.

I'm using the multi-encoder of R16.6 to transcode to FLAC and MP3.
- Under CD Ripper Secure options, I've selected "Mark track as error if insecure".
- In the DSP section of the multi encoder as well as the DSPs under each of the encoders I've set the "Delete destination file on error". I believe this should prevent the encoder even starting to encode a track that is not accurate.
- In the DSP section of the multi encoder as well as the DSPs under each of the encoders I've set the "Conditional encoding" DSP to skip the file if the destination exists.

When I rip CD A, it rips and transcodes tracks 1-5. This is OK as tracks 1-5 are ripping securely. Tracks 6-10 are reporting as "Error" and nothing is being written. All good so far.

I then try to rip the second copy of the same CD. Tracks 1-3 "Error", at which point deletes tracks 1-3 (They were ripped from CD A) from disk and it proceeds to re-rip and transcode tracks 4 and 5 replacing the originals (timestamps are updated) and it rips tracks 6-10 correctly.

I don't want the rip of CD B to delete tracks successfully ripped from CD A. (I think this is happening because of "Delete destination file on error", but I believe I need this to prevent it ripping insecure tracks.).

I don't really want the rip of CD B to re-rip tracks that were already successfully ripped from CD A. (I would have thought the "Conditional encoding") would have prevented this.

dbpoweramp seems to have lots of options, including the options I think I need, but I'm clearly not getting the results I was expecting. Can anyone help ?

TIA.

HP