title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Disable Shuffle/All Tracks in Album list only

Disable Shuffle/All Tracks in Album list only

Hi,

I noticed there is an option in the config: Show [All Tracks] and [Shuffle Tracks] items
    With this enabled i can go into any artist and either pick an album, play all tracks across all albums or shuffle all tracks. This makes sense and is a very nice feature

However when this feature is enabled, the same options are given when browsing album names which i dont think makes much sense
    e.g. Albums->B->Lots of albums starting with B, play all tracks/shuffle all tracks across albums starting with B.

I dont think this feature will be used much in this context so can it be disabled in the albums list or any individual list and not others?

Best Regards

Re: Disable Shuffle/All Tracks in Album list only

I also noticed that the Show [All Tracks] and [Shuffle Tracks] items feature only seems to display on bottom levels of categories when it could be useful at an intermediate level

E.g.

Genre*
    +Artist*
    ++Album

*=no track list

Gives the option to play all / shuffle only at the album (bottom) level whereas it would be useful at the artist level in this situation. On one day i may want to play all /shuffle Jazz music irrespective of artist whereas on another occasion i may want to play all / shuffle Jazz music by a particular artist.

Can play all / shuffle be configured in this way?

EDIT same applies using Year
    e.g.
    Year*
    +Artist*
    ++Album

I may want to play all music from the 1970's irrespective of artist but having Album at the bottom level prevents this. Conversely i may want to play all / shuffle all tracks from a particular artist in 2007

EDIT2

I removed the Album level from both of the categories above and Play All / Shuffle does not appear. Im not sure now where this feature can be implmented but it appears it is not able to be used in any Artist listing.
    Last edited by sadsack5000; 09-27-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Administrator

Will look at this for Asset R7

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Will look at this for Asset R7
    Thankyou

Perhaps a toggle similar to the A-Z and No track list options in Edit Browse Tree. This will allow the user to define at where shuffle/play all is visible at any level of the hierarchy

Administrator

We have looked at this, I agree that shuffle tracks makes no sense for \album\a\

The other request is possible currently through dynamic browsing:

dynamic browsing>>Genre>>pop>>[jukebox track selection]

you can even add artist:

dynamic browsing>>Genre>>pop>>artist>>someartist>>[jukebox track selection]