title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Acronova Batch CD Ripping Errors

Acronova Batch CD Ripping Errors

Acronova Nimbie Batch CD ripper (NB21-BR with Pioneer CD/DVD/Bluray rom) rejects some CDs (on small or unfamiliar labels) using dbPower Batch Ripper (the "pair") every now and then ("no metadata"); for other CDs on small labels, the same pair failed to find the related CD cover photos (though it accurately rips the CDs). However, when I use my desktop computer CD/DVD Rom to rip the same CDs with dbPower's single CD Ripper, the result is invariably accurate - CD metadata plus related cover photos. Why the discrepancy between the two dbPower ripping interfaces (Batch Ripper and Single CD Ripper, the latter more accurate)? Or the CD rom hardware makes the difference? If so, why and how? How can I improve the batch ripping result?
    Last edited by raychan2k; 09-21-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Administrator

Re: Acronova Batch CD Ripping Errors

Have you subscribed to GD3 metadata with Batch Ripper?

Thought GD3 is included in your price. If not, there are 2 purchases in the GD3 site, Encode Center ($19) and GD3 Lookup (which begins at $25 for 200 CD lookup). I will not buy the second option, but will for the first option (one time payment) if you think it will improve the batch ripping result. Please advise whether buying the first option will help. Thanks
    Last edited by raychan2k; 09-21-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Hi Spoon, please advise whether buying GD3's Encode Center ($19) will improve the batch ripping result (to rid of the "no meta data" and no cover art problems)? Awaiting your answer. Thanks

Administrator

GD3 metadata is not included with Batch Ripper, GD3 charge metadata on a per disc basis of around $0.10, you pay GD3 not us.

To sign up click the metadata button in Batch Ripper >> scroll down to GD3 meta options and click 'aquire username password', here you can sign up and purchase lookups.

GD3 metadata is included in CD Ripper.