title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Re-rip CD causes errors

Re-rip CD causes errors

I have a few albums that I've ripped, and discovered minor issues with my setting, so I've changed my settings and re-ripped.

The trouble is, the first rip went perfectly (except for the settings that I chose incorrectly) but when I re-rip (after deleting the previous files) I get a lot of insecure and re-rip frame issues. Is there a cache that can be cleared, or a setting in the CD drive that can wipe the slate clean, so that the re-rip is just as successful as the initial rip?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Re-rip CD causes errors

Quote Originally Posted by gijoewoz View Post
    I have a few albums that I've ripped, and discovered minor issues with my setting, so I've changed my settings and re-ripped.

The trouble is, the first rip went perfectly (except for the settings that I chose incorrectly) but when I re-rip (after deleting the previous files) I get a lot of insecure and re-rip frame issues. Is there a cache that can be cleared, or a setting in the CD drive that can wipe the slate clean, so that the re-rip is just as successful as the initial rip?
    cache shouldn't matter here. Did you perhaps change the setting related to "ticking" the "use C2 error checking" in the secure ripper settings? If you ticked "use C2 errors", then try unticking it.

Re: Re-rip CD causes errors

I don't think I changed anything, but I'll give that a shot, thanks.