title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Req: increase the number of simultaneous threads

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sawz
    • Sep 2019

Req: increase the number of simultaneous threads

Currently I see that dBPowerAmp can convert 20 audio files simultaneously i.e. convert FLAC to MP3 -V0

I have an AMD 2990WX 64 thread processor (Threadripper), I would like to see an increase to the number of threads supported.

I have three NVME drives in RAID zero, I definately have the bandwidth to support an increase.

Thank you for your time and consieration,

Sawz
  • Lynx_TWO
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2009

Re: Req: increase the number of simultaneous threads

Originally posted by Sawz
    Currently I see that dBPowerAmp can convert 20 audio files simultaneously i.e. convert FLAC to MP3 -V0

I have an AMD 2990WX 64 thread processor (Threadripper), I would like to see an increase to the number of threads supported.

I have three NVME drives in RAID zero, I definately have the bandwidth to support an increase.

Thank you for your time and consieration,

Sawz
    Running a dual Xeon system with 20 cores and 40 threads, so I would also like to see this - perhaps with something that would sense hard drive usage % and decrease threads if the drives are getting choked up? It would likely make a difference if you're encoding, say, wavpack vs MP3

Comment

Working...

]]>