title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Req: increase the number of simultaneous threads

Req: increase the number of simultaneous threads

Currently I see that dBPowerAmp can convert 20 audio files simultaneously i.e. convert FLAC to MP3 -V0

I have an AMD 2990WX 64 thread processor (Threadripper), I would like to see an increase to the number of threads supported.

I have three NVME drives in RAID zero, I definately have the bandwidth to support an increase.

Thank you for your time and consieration,

Sawz

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Req: increase the number of simultaneous threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sawz View Post
    Currently I see that dBPowerAmp can convert 20 audio files simultaneously i.e. convert FLAC to MP3 -V0

I have an AMD 2990WX 64 thread processor (Threadripper), I would like to see an increase to the number of threads supported.

I have three NVME drives in RAID zero, I definately have the bandwidth to support an increase.

Thank you for your time and consieration,

Sawz
    Running a dual Xeon system with 20 cores and 40 threads, so I would also like to see this - perhaps with something that would sense hard drive usage % and decrease threads if the drives are getting choked up? It would likely make a difference if you're encoding, say, wavpack vs MP3