Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: macOS Output to Same Filename Issue

  1. #1

    macOS Output to Same Filename Issue

    Running dBpoweramp 16.6 on macOS 10.14.6. In the past, I've almost always had dBpoweramp change naming of the output files with a pattern in the "Output To" area. I'm now trying to maintain the exact same source filename. When I do, something odd is going on with dBpoweramp file naming -- basically eliminating the entire filename and keeping only the extension, so it processes each file but I end up with nothing in the output folder. When I then try to go back into dBpoweramp to convert the same files again, it's pretty clear dBpoweramp has somehow internally lost the filenames it should be outputting to, but still knows where they are coming from.

    Original attempt at conversion. Note "Output To" selection, then what show in the processing screen.

    Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 4.38.50 AM.jpg

    Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 4.39.21 AM.jpg

    Now, if I attempt to convert again, note how dBpoweramp is trying to show each file as a duplicate, but there is no filename -- only directory info.

    Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 4.39.11 AM.jpg

  2. #2

    Re: macOS Output to Same Filename Issue

    I've additionally tried a simple dynamic naming version to preserve input filename, just to a different directory from where the source files reside (see screenshot) -- with the exact same failures as originally reported above.

    I can't think of another way possibly around this and seem to be stuck, effectively making conversions and dBpoweramp unusable in it's current form on macOS. Would appreciate acknowledgment this looks like a problem that will be resolved or a workaround if someone has another idea, so I don't have to seek an alternative method creating FLAC files for use in my car. Love dBpoweramp and have used it for years keeping up with the updated versions along the way, but am feeling withdrawl symptoms being unable to use the tool now that I need to once again. Thanks in advance.

    Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 10.38.39 AM.jpg

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Re: macOS Output to Same Filename Issue

    Thanks for the bug report, it is being investigated.

    Does it make any difference if you try without the "ID Tag Processing" DSP effect?

    Do your files have by any chance a tag called "origfilename" ?
    Last edited by PeterP; 09-23-2019 at 07:24 AM.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Re: macOS Output to Same Filename Issue

    R16.7 beta 2 released with attempted workaround for this issue-

  5. #5

    Re: macOS Output to Same Filename Issue

    Thanks Peter, as always for your assist.

    I verified there are no "origfilename" tags in any of the files

    Using 16.6 (1):
    - Interestingly, as you suspected, removing the DSP Effects allows the batch conversion to work

    Good News with 16.7 Beta 2
    - It works with the DSP Effects in place. File processing completed normally with both the original 41 files that were failing, as well as a larger collection of 800 files I tried. I have another batch of 6400 underway, but I don't have any reason to believe there will be an issue.

    I'll keep this beta around for my use until I see the next GA come out.

    It's been awhile since I needed your assist, but once again, you came through. PERFECT and TU! ...all I can add is I wish all App developers were as responsive and attentive as you! My best always.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2002

    Re: macOS Output to Same Filename Issue

    Which DSP effects did you have? and what were the settings?

  7. #7

    Re: macOS Output to Same Filename Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Which DSP effects did you have? and what were the settings?
    Only ID Tag Processing (nothing dealing with file naming)
    - No Mapping
    - Deleting all spurious tags, retaining only 8 of the more important ones using "All Except", e.g. Artist, Album, Title, Genre, etc
    - Manipulation
    -- Forcing art to JPEG and max 500x500
    -- Dropping Track & Disc counts
    -- Rule Based Manipulation
    ---- Replacing blank Album Artist or Artist with "Unknown"
    ---- A series of specific checks for generic Album titles to make them unique, e.g. If Album=Greatest Hits SET Album=[Album] - [Album Artist]
    ---- Making sure Disc is = 1 if blank
    - No Additions

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts