title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Which software do I need to change tags?

Which software do I need to change tags?

Hello Folks, I need some help - got a Naim NAC-N 272 running Asset UPnP from a Synology NAS. I'm using the free Asset which you can't tag tracks with. I now want to enable track tagging. Do I need the paid 'Asset', the paid 'Perfect Tunes' or the paid DB Poweramp? All my tracks are WAV and are already ripped. Thank you in advance!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Which software do I need to change tags?

If you're a Windows user, you can edit tags with 'MP3Tag' - other programs are available, as are ones for Macs...

dBpoweramp Guru

The paid dBpoweramp, at least on the PC has the ability to change or add tags to existing audio files. Select the file (or all the files from an album) and right click. Dropdown should offer the option to edit the tags with dBpoweramp. But there is no lookup with any of the databases.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

FYI Asset is only a music server, it doesn't do any editing or changing of files. The paid version has some extra features though.
    I assume when you ripped your CDs you did have them tagged at that point, and now you want to edit them? I'd go with mp3Tag.