title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Defective rip has CRC of last Burst rip

Defective rip has CRC of last Burst rip

I was experimenting a little bit with ripping copy protected CDs. I'm testing with disc 2 of Kraftwerk's Minimum-Maximum (interestingly disc 1 ripped accurately and doesn't seem to have protection).

A weird thing I notice, is that if I rip as Burst, and then rip as Defective By Design, the CRC of the latter will match the one of the last Burst rip. Every Burst rip yields a different CRC, but whenever I follow it by a Defective By Design rip, I get a green CRC and then subsequent DbD rips also still have the same CRC. When I rerun Burst, I would again get another CRC, and then every DbD rip again gets that CRC.

That doesn't seem right to me.

Re: Defective rip has CRC of last Burst rip

PS: apparently the same happens when doing a Secure rip rather than Burst rip. Did a Secure rip followed by DbD rip, the Secure rip again gave a new CRC, and the DbD rip that followed it showed the same CRC in green.

Administrator

Possible bug noted.

Thanks. On a related note, when I restart and immediately rip as DbD, I don't get a CRC at all after the rip. The only thing it says is 'Not in AccurateRip'. I would still expect I should be able to check whether 2 consecutive rips are identical.