title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Error when converting to OGG

Error when converting to OGG

Hello,

When I try converting a OGG file type I receive the message "Error setting ogg callbacks [clDecoder::Open]"

Is there some special setting for OGG files?

Thank you.

Re: Error when converting to OGG

Hello,

Just a fix: the problem is when converting FROM OGG to MP3.

Regards

Administrator

It can also mean the ogg file is corrupted.

These 'OGGs' come from youtube videos. And they play normally.

Hi

When I purchased dbPowerAmp I thought it was able to convert all files from a sound format to the other. But it is not true?

As I told before the OGG files play normally, so they aren't corrupted. Why did they fail to convert to MP3 when I tried with the latest version of dbPowerAmp?

No word about that? I am disappointed.

dBpoweramp Guru

The fact that your ogg files play normally does not neccessarily correspond to the fact that they are not corrupted.

Dat Ei

Administrator

There are different decoders for Ogg vorbis, some are 3rd party implementations, we use the official Ogg vorbis libraries, it is the official libraries which are not decoding the file, which indicate it is written incorrectly.

Given that YouTube must be one of the biggest creators of OGG files, what do you recommend for converting them?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    There are different decoders for Ogg vorbis, some are 3rd party implementations, we use the official Ogg vorbis libraries, it is the official libraries which are not decoding the file, which indicate it is written incorrectly.
    Hello
    OK, but it's just a fact that some Youtube "OGG Files" want to convert. That it does not work then is not satisfactory. Währe excellent, if the dbpoweramp team could do it that you could convert Youtube "OGG Files" without any problems.

I hope that it is possible. The function is very important to me!

greeting

Administrator

It is on our to-do list.

Hello, I had a similar problem with *.ogg files captured from Youtube that would not convert. The reason was that dbPoweramp appears to interpret an *.ogg file as "Ogg Vorbis" when these files were actually "Ogg Opus!"
    If you rename the "ogg" file with the *.opus extension dBpoweramp will identify and convert it correctly.

Administrator

Please email one of your files:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Please email one of your files:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm
    Were you replying to me? I am having no conversion problems with dbPoweramp.
    I think the previous posters' problem is not an issue with dbPoweramp at all, but is simply a matter of Opus files being incorrectly saved with the *.ogg extension. All my youtube *.ogg files convert perfectly once they are renamed with the *.opus extension. I think the solution to their problem is simply to fix the file extension.
    I can send you one of these Opus files with the uncorrected *.ogg extension if you like.

Administrator

They might be in a ogg container, so a .ogg extension would be right, if you would please send the file which was directly captured.