title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Rip as one - track listings.

Rip as one - track listings.

New to the software, i wish to rip continuous mix cds to usb , i have selected rip as one however whilst no gaps, there are no track listings provided or shown when track changes through my car infotainment display, does this software provide a track feature, a pretty obvious and useful requirement. If i rip without selecting rip as one, I get the track names however with annoying gaps between tracks, advice welcome thanks.

Administrator

Re: Rip as one - track listings.

It is not possible for your car to play that CD gapless and have track titles. Your choice is either individual files with titles and gaps (which are introduced by the car), or one large track without track titles.

OK clear thank you for clearing up the issue, I will simply do without the track listing and rip as one, I guess I could ask why a modern player in my car is only 2 years old from new, would want to add gaps, about 10 years ago when I burnt DJ cont. mix CDs onto blank CDs using Nero, and played them in my car CD player, it did not add annoying gaps,no doubt there is reason the new car technology now differs, seems technology has got too clever or gone backwards. Thanks again.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by M Davies View Post
    OK clear thank you for clearing up the issue, I will simply do without the track listing and rip as one, I guess I could ask why a modern player in my car is only 2 years old from new, would want to add gaps, about 10 years ago when I burnt DJ cont. mix CDs onto blank CDs using Nero, and played them in my car CD player, it did not add annoying gaps,no doubt there is reason the new car technology now differs, seems technology has got too clever or gone backwards. Thanks again.
    I have found that CD players and media players built into automobiles (even new, expensive cars) are absolutely the WORST in terms of dealing with things like metadata in files and playback (gapless, etc.). In some cases, autos won't even read the metadata and instead uses file names. Lots of crazy stuff. It's as if the auto system manufacturers are stuck in 1988.