title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset on Mac Mini

Asset on Mac Mini

I have installed the basic version of Asset UPnP on my Mac Mini. When open and visible in the Finder, it reports that all my music files are been scanned and indexed.

On my iPad, I use the mconnect app. On opening the app, it shows Asset as a UPnP source. However, in then selecting Asset on my iPad, no music files or tracks are to be found.

What is the purpose of the free base version of Asset if my music source is not visible via my iPad? Will this issue be resolved if buying the full version?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Asset on Mac Mini

What fiile format are your music files?

Are your music files tagged?

Are you able to see your files using the Folders & Filename Browsing option in the mconnect app?
    Last edited by mville; 08-30-2019 at 05:26 PM.

My music library is a mixture of mp3, ALAC, mp4, and FLAC

These files were variously ripped over time in either iTunes or dBpoweramp, with artwork via PerfectTunes.

In mconnect on my iPad, on opening Asset, absolutely nothing appears.

Administrator

All versions should show a main menu, does your mac have any security software or a firewall?

I have Norton Internet Security installed.

Administrator

Try disabling it.

I'm having a similar problem - I have the paid version of Asset Upnp, and when the application finishes scanning my music files (~35,000 tracks), it immediately shows no tracks available "Library Contains 0 Tracks, 0 Albums." Navigating to the Asset Unpnp server on my renderer software (Moon Mind)shows no tracks available. No security software installed and I have the MacOS firewall disabled.

Super Moderator

Where are your music files located, internal hard disk, external (USB) hard disk, network share or other?

What music file formats do you use?

Please go to Asset settings / Genral Settings tab; Configuration Snapshot (normal): [save]; email the file to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Where are your music files located, internal hard disk, external (USB) hard disk, network share or other?

What music file formats do you use?

Please go to Asset settings / Genral Settings tab; Configuration Snapshot (normal): [save]; email the file to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis.

Thanks.
    All music files are on an external USB hard drive. Format is a mix of mp3 and Apple Lossless

Will send the requested file. Thanks

Music files are on an external USB hard drive. Media is a mix of mp3 and apple lossless. I had everything running successfully for years on my old iMac but got a New Mac mini this year and haven't been able to get it to work - always the same issue after completing the scan. Forwarded the requested file to you. Thanks

Super Moderator

Thanks for the details and the file.

It appears that Asset's database was somehow corrupted. I'm still investigating the details.
    In meanwhile, you should be able to get Asset running again if you clear the offending file:
    Code:
    (in terminal)
    rm ~/Library/dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v4/uMediaLibraryMainDBv5.bin

This seems to have fixed the library issue but now my renderer can't find Asset UPnP as a source. Tried on my HT Receiver as well, which has support for UPnP servers and it doesn't appear there either.

Ah, never mind - my phone was connected to a VPN and wasn't finding local UPnP servers as a result - all seems to work now! Thanks!

Super Moderator

Thanks for confirming.

A new beta version is available-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...inux-R6-3-beta

Asset now automatically recovers from this particular problem scenario.