title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Higher sample offset = worse drive?

Higher sample offset = worse drive?

Hi all,

Will a higher sample rate offset (say +667) make for a worse accurate drive than a +6 sample offset drive?

Thanks!

Henrik

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Higher sample offset = worse drive?

The offset is specific for a drive. AFAIK without the right offset for your drive you will not achieve an accurate rip (a different checksum).

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nubben View Post
    Hi all,

Will a higher sample rate offset (say +667) make for a worse accurate drive than a +6 sample offset drive?

Thanks!

Henrik
    No.

dBpoweramp Guru

Maybe I understood the question in a different way than Gary. Maybe my limited english is the reason why.

If CD Ripper indicates an accurate rip, the rip is accurate and the offset and the drive do not matter at all.

But if you configure a wrong offset for your drive, I think that you will not be able to get an accurate rip (I understood the question that way around).

What you think Gary?

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Maybe I understood the question in a different way than Gary. Maybe my limited english is the reason why.

If CD Ripper indicates an accurate rip, the rip is accurate and the offset and the drive do not matter at all.

But if you configure a wrong offset for your drive, I think that you will not be able to get an accurate rip (I understood the question that way around).

What you think Gary?

Dat Ei
    Agree with you Dat Ei. There is no fundamental reason why larger offset affects rip quality. Of course drive should be set up properly as you note.

Thank you both for taking your time. I am struggling to get my head around this particular drive I have purchased - have another thread going here as well: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...ns-please-help!