title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Higher sample offset = worse drive?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nubben
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2008

Higher sample offset = worse drive?

Hi all,

Will a higher sample rate offset (say +667) make for a worse accurate drive than a +6 sample offset drive?

Thanks!

Henrik
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Higher sample offset = worse drive?

The offset is specific for a drive. AFAIK without the right offset for your drive you will not achieve an accurate rip (a different checksum).

Dat Ei

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Nubben
      Hi all,

Will a higher sample rate offset (say +667) make for a worse accurate drive than a +6 sample offset drive?

Thanks!

Henrik
      No.

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Maybe I understood the question in a different way than Gary. Maybe my limited english is the reason why.

If CD Ripper indicates an accurate rip, the rip is accurate and the offset and the drive do not matter at all.

But if you configure a wrong offset for your drive, I think that you will not be able to get an accurate rip (I understood the question that way around).

What you think Gary?

Dat Ei

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dat Ei
          Maybe I understood the question in a different way than Gary. Maybe my limited english is the reason why.

If CD Ripper indicates an accurate rip, the rip is accurate and the offset and the drive do not matter at all.

But if you configure a wrong offset for your drive, I think that you will not be able to get an accurate rip (I understood the question that way around).

What you think Gary?

Dat Ei
          Agree with you Dat Ei. There is no fundamental reason why larger offset affects rip quality. Of course drive should be set up properly as you note.

Comment

• Nubben
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2008

Thank you both for taking your time. I am struggling to get my head around this particular drive I have purchased - have another thread going here as well: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...ns-please-help!

Comment

Working...

]]>