title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: volume normalization advice

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: volume normalization advice

Many of the tracks I have are singles. For the quieter tracks that are in an album, I have been using album gain and it works quite well. Even with that though, if I convert some songs in an album, then later on convert some more songs from the same album, will it remember all the values from that album to calculate it correctly?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: volume normalization advice

Quote Originally Posted by ForSerious View Post
    Many of the tracks I have are singles. For the quieter tracks that are in an album, I have been using album gain and it works quite well. Even with that though, if I convert some songs in an album, then later on convert some more songs from the same album, will it remember all the values from that album to calculate it correctly?
    I'm curious why you would do that? But if you did, and re-applied the tags to the whole album with the new tracks together, then they would all be normalised to the same level.

As for singles - I guess you could manually re-apply the tags to a level closer to what you want by changing the gain.