title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

End of track echo... Is this a known bug?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: End of track echo... Is this a known bug?

Originally posted by snowdog
    Well, my AIFFs are filed by "artist name" & then "album name" folders in a hierarchy that's identical to my iTunes library. Is it a simple process to select all of those folders & batch convert to a corresponding set of folders? Is dbpa clever enough to know which folders these would be or to create them, or would it just put the MP3s alongside the AIFFs & I'd have to move them all manually?
    Yes, DBPA is smart enough to automatically create all the folders and subfolders. This is all set in the dynamic naming settings in the converter. I am not in front of computer, but there are settings in dynamic naming that simply duplicate the same folder and naming as your AIFF. All you need to change is what you point to as the parent directory.

Comment

• snowdog
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2019

Sorry, that was a bit of a rubbish reply.

The folders containing the MP3s converted from AIFFs basically get added to my iTunes library & sit alongside all the other folders that have no lossless original.

My current "project" is to create lossless rips of all my Rush CDs, convert them to 320bit MP3s & replace the existing set of 192bit Rush albums in my iTunes library that I ripped directly from the CDs some years ago.

I basically plan on doing this with all my CDs, but the 320 MP3s will ultimately sit alongside all the folders of music that I downloaded & for which there is no lossless original. I then sync selectively with my iPhone for music on the go.

Comment

• snowdog
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jul 2019

Originally posted by garym
        Yes, DBPA is smart enough to automatically create all the folders and subfolders. This is all set in the dynamic naming settings in the converter. I am not in front of computer, but there are settings in dynamic naming that simply duplicate the same folder and naming as your AIFF. All you need to change is what you point to as the parent directory.

Excellent, thanks. I'll try that later! (Obviously to a different directory & then I can move them afterwards.)
        Last edited by snowdog; 08-28-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by mville
          ... and I definitely would NOT output to a folder monitored by other 3rd party software. This is asking for trouble and may well be the cause of your issue.
          Neither to a cloud storage, nor to an iTunes folder, while iTunes is up and running.

Dat Ei

Comment

• snowdog
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jul 2019

Noted!

Comment

• snowdog
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jul 2019

So this is interesting... And by "interesting" I mean completely effing infuriating...

I remade all my MP3s away from any synchronising, dropbox, iTunes etc. They now seem to all be perfect. I mean, I haven't sampled all of them, but a random sample from each album didn't show any of the "echo" problems I was having (& when it was happening before it was happening on every track of an affected album).

Now, I import the MP3s into iTunes, start playing the tracks back to check them & lo & behold iTunes is skipping a random amount like 1:09 or 46 seconds at the end & just moving on to the next track. And these tracks play perfectly well in the finder. There is nothing wrong with them.

I'm cursed.

I've never had ANY problems with ripping & playback in all the years I've been using iTunes, even for most of the time I'm been using dbpa. And that's with Dropbox running & everything. No problems at all. Suddenly, nothing works.

I'm completely at a loss.

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

what happens if you play them via something like foobar2000 or some other player?

Comment

• snowdog
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Jul 2019

Well, I'm on a Mac, so it wouldn't be foobar2000, but the tracks all play perfectly in VLC & Quickltime & also in the finder, so I was convinced they were not the problem.

I started reading up on others who's experienced this problem - which appears to be a bug in iTunes - & seem to have found a workaround.

And I've dragged this thread way off-topic, so I'll just say that shutting down everything that actively synced whilst I was converting from AIFF to MP3 seems to have resulted in a clean set of MP3s. Which makes me a very happy bunny. For a change.

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by snowdog
                    Well, I'm on a Mac, so it wouldn't be foobar2000, but the tracks all play perfectly in VLC & Quickltime & also in the finder, so I was convinced they were not the problem.

I started reading up on others who's experienced this problem - which appears to be a bug in iTunes - & seem to have found a workaround.

And I've dragged this thread way off-topic, so I'll just say that shutting down everything that actively synced whilst I was converting from AIFF to MP3 seems to have resulted in a clean set of MP3s. Which makes me a very happy bunny. For a change.
                    got it. Thanks for following up.

Comment

• snowdog
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Jul 2019

Originally posted by mville
                      Please can you supply more information on your system e.g. platform/OS, dBpoweramp version, ALL mp3 conversion settings?
                      Also, I forgot to follow up on the above.

Here are some screenshots.

My system:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-08-31 21.53.46.png
Views:	1
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	294115

My dbPa version:

Name:	Screenshot 2019-08-31 21.51.26.jpg
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	294114

My conversion set-up. (I've never been into the "advanced" menu, so I assume it's set to the defaults.)

Name:	Screenshot 2019-08-31 21.40.03.jpg
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	294113
                      Last edited by snowdog; 08-31-2019, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>